*Note* Since writing this post, Blogger has changed, again.
Here's two quick fixes to stop following blogs that aren't dead. This post is for bloggers who cannot stop following through their manage accounts.
Please Note: These methods also work to start following a blog. But from what I understand, Google will be removing Google Friend Connect, for non-blogger blogs, come March.
Quick Fix One:
1) Sign in to your blog.
2) Look to the top left and click the word, Follow.
3) Pop up will read, you already follow said blog.
4) Click stop following.
Quick Fix Two:
1) Find the Followers Gadget. (Look to the right of my blog.
For a test, follow the steps while reading this list).
2) Click join this site. (Even if you want to stop following).
3) Pop up window for sign in.
4) Sign in using an account you already created.
5) I selected Google icon.
6) Click sign in again.
7) Your icon will appear.
8) Click options.
9) Click site settings.
10) Pop up window will give options.
11) Click stop following this blog (to the middle right)
NOTE: Site settings will give the following options. Options 3 is another way to leave other blogs, as well.
3) Sites you've joined.
4) Manage friends.
Wonder Woman Head: Apparently, I had many of you on my Jelly Roll but not in my dashboard. I am in the process of making the two coincide. So if you have seen or do see, my head pop up on your Followers Gadgets, now you know why.
As for Dead Blogs: To help prevent being stuck on dead blogs, Tim unsubscribes to bloggers who haven't posted in 2 months. He figures if they start coming around again, he'll re-join. But in the meanwhile, he uses this method.