And that feels good.
Meanwhile, I had a lot of fun working lab-style in my kitchen. And while I find benefits of both metric and US standard, for writing new formulas, I stick with metric. It's just better.
For example, I needed 40ml (milliliters) of almond milk. Or, about half of a 1/3 of a cup. For me, it just makes more sense to go with the 40ml instead of mess with filling a 1/3 of a cup, half-way.
Now onto the taste and texture of batch 1. Since my original formula isn't all that sweet, I went with Ghirardelli milk chocolate chunks. These are a tad sweeter than the semi-sweets and bigger. But for sugar, I only went with 15g (about one US TB). For batch 2, I'll up the sugar a wee bit.
What worked well was adding the peanut butter because it gave the dough an additional moistness and made the scones taste fresh, the next morning. And the peanut butter flavor worked. Along with the sugar crystals baked on the top.
They were yummy. Up next, something for the pups.
Cheers and boogie boogie.
|Draft one. Six tiny peanut butter & chocolate chip, scones.|