I had leftover candy canes from our tiny tree so you know what I did? I turned them into candy cane dust. Not all of them, just some. The rest I crumbled in the food processor, and then mixed with melted Giredelli milk chocolate.
And tad-do, a yummy dessert.
Only they're almost all gobbled up because we keep going to the freezer and taking out a few here and there.
Num, num, num.
1) Crumble candy canes in a food processor.
2) Set aside a bit of the candy cane dust.
3) Melt the chocolate over simmering water.
4) When chocolate is half melted, remove from heat.
5) Mix with spoon and allow the rest to melt.
6) Mix in crushed candy cane and coat with chocolate.
7) Spread mixture on baking paper covered sheet/plate.
8) Sprinkle with lots of candy cane dust.
9) When done cooling (fridge or freezer), snap into bits.
Storage: We like ours from the freezer. So yummy.